ISO 9001 is one of the standards within the range of ISO 9000 standards.
Meeting the requirements of this standard will provide Quality Management System that will be of real benefit to your organisation to help manage your business effectively and put in place best practice methodology.
ISO 9001 Certification will give your organisation the quality systems that will provide the foundation to better customer satisfaction, staff motivation and continual improvement.
Purpose of ISO 9001
The purpose of ISO 9001:2015 is to facilitate international trade by providing a single standard that is recognized and respected globally. It is a generic standard and is applicable to organizations in all areas of work. Some of the areas are manufacturing, processing, servicing, printing, forestry, electronics, steel, computing, legal services, financial services, accounting, trucking, banking, retailing, and so on.
Manufacturing, commercial and service organizations can reap many benefits from quality system certification. Quality Management systems optimize production processes, increase efficiency and reduce costs. The ISO 9001 certificate indicates the organization?s adherence to quality management practices and minimizes the potential risk to customers. These good practices are compiled into a set of standardized requirements for a quality management system for your organisation.
ISO 9001:2015 is important because of its international acceptance. It is recognized in more than 120 countries and is the logical choice for any organisation involved in international business or committed to quality.
ISO 9001 - the foundation for continuous improvement
Evidence of commitment to continual improvement of the QMS is required (5.1) and customer focus (5.2) requires aiming to improve customer satisfaction. Top management must also document and communicate their policy (5.3), and include a commitment to continually improve the effectiveness of the QMS and set measurable quality objectives consistent with the policy (5.4). Top management also have to appoint someone from management (5.5.2) to report to them on system performance and any need for performance improvement, and they have to review the system at planned intervals to assess whether there are any opportunities for improvement of the QMS (5.6.1 and 2), recording any decisions and actions that come from that review (5.6.3). They then have to allocate sufficient resources (6.1) to achieve the improvements identified.
ISO 9001: 2015 is an international standard related to quality management system, applicable to any organization from all types of business sectors and activities. ISO 9001:2015 is based on eight quality management principles (all fundamental to good business practice). When fully adopted, these principles can help improve your organizational performance:
- Customer focus: organizations depends on their customers, and therefore need to shape activities around the fulfillment of market need.
- Leadership: is needed to provide unity of purpose and direction.
- Involvement of people: creates an environment where people become fully involved in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Process approach: to achieve organizational objectives, resources and activities need to be managed as processes, with an understanding of how the outputs of one process affects the inputs of another.
- System approach to management: the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization depends on a systematized approach to work activities.
- Continual improvement: adopting this as a part of everyday culture is a key objective for an organization.
- Fact based decision-making: effective decisions are based on the logical and intuitive analysis of data and factual information.
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships: such relationships will enhance the ability to create value..
A well designed and implemented quality management system, based on ISO 9001:2015 can provide organizations with the following benefits:
Some of the key benefits are listed below:
- Framework for Improvements.
- Improved Product Reliability.
- International Credibility.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction with your Products / Services.
- Better Process Control and Flow.
- Better documentation of the processes.
- Greater Employee Quality Awareness.
- Better Understanding of Customer Expectations.
- Increases the Effectiveness and Efficiency of the Organization through Continual Improvement in systems and products /services quality.
ISO 9001 for small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs)
ISO 9001 is the right fit for businesses small and large with equal benefits across all. Manage quality in your organization to save money, increase profit, win more business and satisfy more customers.
Shaping ISO 9001 for SMEs
Small businesses that work with us can achieve the same world-class quality management as larger companies. We know that you may have tighter budgets and less time. We also know how to overcome these obstacles whatever your starting point with ISO 9001. That's why we provide services that can be packaged and customized to overcome your specific challenges ? removing the complexity of achieving quality management.
Work with us and we can show you how ISO 9001 makes the way you do business more efficient. You'll discover how to achieve and maintain a consistent level of quality across all your operations - regardless of cost or time limitations - bringing more revenue and customer trust.