Study in Ukraine
If you’ve ever visited Ukraine on holiday, you’ve probably experienced the majestic architecture of the many cathedrals and monasteries and the adventure-packed (though relatively modest in terms of height) mountain ranges – whether you went skiing, hiking, mountain biking or rock climbing
Ukraine is also home to over 800 institutes of higher education and has a varied economy, concentrated mostly in and around big cities such as Kiev, Zaprozhye, Dnepropertrovsk, Lviv and Odesa. It also has significantly lower tuition fees than many countries, both in Europe and worldwide.
Why Study in Ukraine
- Quality Education;
- Globally Recognized Courses (Europe, UK, USA, Asia, Africa);
- Medical degree recognized by WHO, UNESCO, PLAB(UK), USMLE(USA), throughout EU and Various International Organizations;
- No Entry Test;
- No IELTS or TOEFL required;
- Cost effective;
- European Life Standard;
- Worldwide Acceptance of Ukrainian Method of Teaching;
- English Medium of Instruction;
- Emphasis on Practical Aspects in Teaching;
- Moderate Climate around the year;
- Outstanding International Faculty;
- One of the Best Transportation systems in Europe;
- International Students enjoy approximately 30%~ 50% discounts on travel;
- Enrichment of Experience through Visiting Professors from USA, CANADA, UK, etc.;
- Bilateral Student Exchange Program with Universities in Germany, Sweden, Finland, Check Republic, etc.;
- Three Months' Summer Jobs during vacation in countries i.e. U.K., SWEDEN and other E.U. countries;
- Chances of Permanent Residence & Settlement in Europe after completion of study program;
- 100% VISA assured to deserving candidates.
Universities in Ukraine
There are six types of higher education institution in Ukraine, each awarded a certain level of accreditation. Degree programs at bachelor’s level and above are offered by institutions with the highest level of accreditation, known as universities, academies and conservatories.
Conservatories deal mainly in culture, the arts and music. Universities tend to be multi-disciplinary establishments, hosting a variety of specialist departments, though some are ‘branch’ or mono-disciplinary, specialist establishments. Academies, like mono-disciplinary universities, also concentrate on a specific branch of knowledge.
The categories covered by specialist institutions include: technical, medical, agrarian, pedagogical, technological (construction and transportation), economics (including finance, administration and entrepreneurship), culture (arts and design), health care and law. Look out for universities with a ‘National’ status – awarded for outstanding performance in research and scientific activity.
Undergraduate degrees at universities in Ukraine usually take four years to complete. Languages used for instruction include Russian, Ukrainian, English and French (for medical programs only). International applicants may need to take a language proficiency test, or attend the preparatory faculty for one academic year to study Russian and/or Ukrainian. Students studying in English or French do not need to attend the preparatory faculty, but can study the language as an independent course during their degree program.
- Medical, Dentistry, Pediatrics, Public Health, General Medicine, Nursing & Pharmacy.
- Aerospace, Aeronautical Engineering, Robotics, Avionics & Airport & Flight Control Management.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology & Telecommunication.
- Economics, Business and Management, Business Administration, Accounting & Audits, Banking & Finance.
- Civil Engineering, Architecture Engineering, Oil & Gas Engineering, Biomedical & Mining Engineering.
- International Economics, Hotel & Tourism Management and Environment & Agriculture Sciences.
Some of the well-known State Universities in Ukraine
- Donetsk National Medical University.
- Black Sea National University.
- Ukrainian Medical Dental Academy.
- Sumy State University.
- Kharkiv National Univ. (Radioelectronics).
- Kirovohrad National Technical University.
- Taras Schevchenko National University.
- Ivano-Franivsk National Medical Univ.
- Ternopil State Medical University.
- Lviv National Medical University.
- Bukovinian State Medical University.
- Poltava National Technological University.
- Kharkiv National Areospace University.
- Kyiv International University.
Living costs in Ukraine
In order to live comfortably while you are in all over the Ukraine , the student will need to have about $USD1200 to US$ 1500 per year available for living costs, above the cost of your tuition. The cost of living is cheaper, lot more than other European cities. It is difficult to give a precise figure because of differences in the student lifestyle.
Having more than 1 million, student institutions of higher education in Ukraine form a system which considers to be one of the biggest in the world. In Ukraine you can get higher education in universities (academies, institutes) accredited on 3-4th level. After 4 years of studying you can get Bachelor degree, 5 years is for specialists, five and a half or 6 years Masters Degree. Among all the enumerated degrees Specialist is the most popular.